What’ll you do
You will be project owner, overseeing the design team’s output and ensuring they are meeting project requirements and deadlines. The Product Design Manager will work in conjunction with our Creative Director to ensure consistent creative standards across projects. Managing client expectations through clear communication with well-documented deliverables will be a top priority. You will also act as a brand advocate for RocketAir, identifying new opportunities with existing clients and developing new product and service offerings to help grow RocketAir.
This is a highly visible and collaborative role that requires a high attention to detail and sensitivity in order to balance internal resources and client needs.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for clients, providing end-to-end project management.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of design solutions according to customer needs and objectives.
- Run client kickoff meetings to collect product features and requirements.
- Clearly communicate the progress of projects to internal and external stakeholders.
- Prioritize projects for the design team, assign and manage tasks to ensure efficiency.
- Participate in design meetings and provide continual input to minimize futile work.
- Assist in developing design delivery schedule with client and Creative Director.
- Develop comprehensive scope-of-work and document deliverables and delivery schedule.
- Conduct ADA Accessibility audits for clients as-needed.
- Negotiate scope-of-work, deliverables and pricing with consultants.
- Determine need for use of outside contractors or vendors.
- Ensure projects and deliverables are accurate and precise.
- Oversee design to development tracking process with client or external developers to accurately translate designs.
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement.
- Provide weekly client updates.
Who you are
- Have 5+ years of experience managing digital and creative projects.
- Be an effective communicator - comfortable translating business needs to creative and developer teams.
- Have a deep understanding of the trends shaping digital product design.
- Possess the ability to simplify research and strategic thinking.
- Be comfortable giving creative feedback as well as interpreting insight from data.
- Have a natural ability to apply creative thinking to product design problems.
- Proven to be capable of guiding and nurturing creative work that meets client needs.
- Have an attention to detail, very high-quality standards and principles when it comes to product design and translating design through to development.
- Embody a collaborative, can-do attitude and work with a diverse and distributed team of internal and external stakeholders.
- Be a seasoned collaborator with the ability to operate across disciplines.